Tuesday, April 13, 2010

CHICKENS!!!

I'm so excited that I just have to shout it from the rooftops that "TOMORROW IS BABY CHICK DAY!!!" I've done a lot of research and decided that Buff Orpington Chickens would be a great breed for our needs...super mellow, good egg layers, don't mind small spaces, don't fly...perfect. So, tomorrow the baby chicks arrive just-hatched at the co-op and I'll run over first thing to pick up a few of them. The Great Backyard Chicken Project is about to begin!
.
This is what they will look like when they are grown...I'll post pics of my own little chicks after I have them moved into their box in the laundry room tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so excited for you! I wish I lived closer so I could be there on "Baby Chick Day". I can't wait to meet the girls!

    ReplyDelete